Slider

23 Things That Make Me Happy at 23

Sunday 17 April 2016

A couple of weeks ago it was my birthday I turned 23. Yikes with each coming year it feels like I should be a fully functioning adult by now. Instead I still need around three alarms to get up in a morning.

I thought to mark this occasion blogwise I would share with you all 23 things that make me happy.

1. Family - it is the most important thing. They are the people that are always there for you through thick and thin.

2. Friends - I really do have some wonderful friends in my life that are always only a phone call away.



3. Reading - kind of a given seeing as I work in a library. I just love that for a period of time you can escape into a different world almost. Escapism at its finest.

4. Cats - strange I know but cats seem to love me - maybe it's a sign of things to come but they are so cute.

5. Greyhounds - my step-mom has 4 greyhounds and they are the daftest loveable animals going.

6. Walks - just walking anywhere chatting with a friend. I'm fortunate to live by some really beautiful countryside with plenty of different walks to go on.

7. Padfit - I started attending these classes this year and even if I really don't want to go sometimes I always come out feeling exhilarated and happy. Maybe exercise really does make you happy.

8. TV Shows - I'm abit of a TV addict so finding new shows that keep me hooked is always a guilty pleasure.

9. Tea - my drink of choice. A cuppa makes everything better.

10. Pasta - I have an obsession. Bella Italia is slowly becoming my restaurant of choice.

11. Log fires - we have a proper wood burning fire at home and every time it is on the house feels so cosy and inviting. It also has a wonderful smell.

12. New Make-up - for most girls this is guaranteed to make you happy. It's always fun to have new makeup to play with.

13. Travelling - I love going abroad, exploring new places. Seeing sights and learning the history and culture of different countries is fascinating.

14. Music - finding a new catchy song is always a fun thing. I usually end up playing the song over and over for days on end. My current song obsession - Forget Me Now by Against the Current.

15. Cake - baking it eating it any form of cake really.

16. Giving surprise gifts - just little things on days that are not someone's birthday. It always makes someone happy.

17. Writing blogs - I find it is a fun way to express myself and interact with so many different people.

18. Snow - I love the beauty of it.

19. Going to the beach - I'm fortunate to live a few hours away from a beach. (That's not too far) I love sitting and listening the sea the rhythmic sound of it. Having a go on those penny games that you're never going to win at, but you keep trying because one more penny might make the difference between 2 pence and 1 pound. Fish and chips down by the beach, making sandcastles and trying to dig a massive hole down to the ocean.

20. Flowers - a bunch of flowers can really brighten up a room.

21. Small gestures - I often think these are more important than the bigger gestures. Just the little reminders that somebody has thought of you or that you have thought about someone else.

22. Photos - Moments in time captured with a simple click of a button. You can look at photographs and re-live some great memories over and over.

23. Random adventures - I find nothing more fun than going on random unplanned days or evenings out. There's something exciting and rather empowering about deciding to do something and just going then and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Rebecca Laura Writes