Slider

Easy Dairy Free Sweet Potato Curry

Wednesday 10 February 2016

I've found a new food obsession lately in the form of sweet potatoes, not only are they tastier than normal potatoes, they contain a lot of vitamin A and are even classed as a vegetable!
This to me is perfect as I am currently trying to eat healthier foods and cut out dairy from my diet again (I'm lactose intolerant and I still over-indulge on the dairy products!)
Before I give you the ingredients to make this I will admit one sin - the sauce is package bought. I know blasphemy! It's the korma sauce from Sainsbury's free from range. I'm sure I could make this quite easily myself but the package bought one is insanely tasty, it also makes this a quick recipe to create after a long hard day at work.

 
So without further ado the ingredients you need for this recipe are:
- Sweet Potatoes
- Rice (white or brown it's not important)
- Chickpeas
- Red Kidney Beans
- Courgettes
- Carrots
- Parsnips
- Red Pepper
- Green Beans
1. Firstly peel and chop your vegetables for this I used 1 courgette, 1 carrot, 1 parsnip, 1/2 a red pepper and 5 or 6 green beans.
2. Then put all your vegetables except for the red pepper to boil for 10 to 15 minutes dependent on how crunchy you like your veg.
3. Now measure out how much rice you would like (I always go overboard and cook enough to feed the 5000) and also put this to boil.
4. Moving onto the sweet potato, I always find it incredibly hard to chop potatoes before they're cooked - what can I say I'm weak - so my sneaky tip is to heat them in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften them up and then chop them.

5. Now microwave your chickpeas and kidney beans so that they are also ready to be added.
6. Going back to the red pepper add this to a pan with oil and fry till cooked.

7. Now you can add all of the ingredients to the pan, the vegetables, the sweet potato, the kidney beans and chickpeas and mix in your sauce.

8. Handy tip don't add the rice to the pan too soon as it will overcook and go crunchy!
9. Once the rice is cook and your sweet potato concoction is heated, add in the rice for about a minute and mix in. Then voila your dairy free sweet potato curry is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|

Your copyright

Rebecca Laura Writes